September 5-6, 2007,
Australia - Queensland - Brisbane
Forum hosted by the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the Russian Academy of Business, and the business newspaper “Vedomosti”, published conjointly with The Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal & Independent Media for facilitating cooperation, trade and investment contacts between Russian and Australian companies and businessmen.
Government support: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Australia, the Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in Australia, National Coordinating Committee “Russia – Asia Pacific Region”, Queensland Government, the Embassy of Australia in Russian Federation, Australian Trade Commission (AUSTRADE).
- Forum is a unique opportunity for a wide variety of Russian participants interested in establishing and expanding business relations with Australia to get more acquainted on site with achievements of the Australian economy in key sectors: oil & gas, mining, agriculture, IT, innovative technologies, etc.
- Australian businesses will have an exclusive opportunity to promote and demonstrate their products and services to Russian partners.
- Forum is a good chance for Australians to learn more about Russia, her competitive advantages, investment attraction, etc.
- Forum will allow each to demonstrate to the other the high quality and variety of their national products, and will provide an opportunity to establish reliable partnerships, share experiences and so on. The Russian-Australian Business forum is being held at the same time as Australia hosts the APEC summit 2007. The 2007 Asia Pacific Cities Summit is being held in Brisbane too.
The Russian-Australian Business forum is being held at the same time as Australia hosts the APEC summit 2007. The 2007 Asia Pacific Cities Summit is being held in Brisbane too.
Russian President V.Putin will come on an official visit to Australia on September 7. This will be the first time in the nearly 200 year history of Russian-Australian bilateral relations. Neither Russian emperors nor Soviet Union leaders have ever visited Australia in their official capacity.
The Forum agenda includes plenary and section discussions, one-on-one meetings, receptions, entertainment events.
- The Forum will focus on the priority subjects in which the Australian economy is strong and which are of great interest to Russian partners seeking relationships:
- Agroindustrial complex;
- IT and telecommunications;
- Mineral resource industry
- Oil and gas industry;
- Construction and real estate management;
- Finance markets and insurance;
- Business education
Business Forum delegates can take part in Russia Week in Australia events (September 1-7, 2007). Russia Week in Australia is an exciting event offering an opportunity to attract more interest in each other. It is a significant event that reflects positive changes in trade, investment and cultural relations between Russia and Australia.
Russia and Australia are in the front line in some sectors of the world economy. Our two countries are the biggest energy suppliers in the world. They have significant experience in mining and the exploration of oil and gas fields. Russia as well as Australia actively works on raising product competitiveness on the basis of the growth of economic innovation and IT application.
Now Russia is one of the true boom markets (BRICs). It can open new frontiers for your business.